Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Cookies!

This morning we made chocolate chip cookies. Some of my most fond memories of times with my mom include making cookies, and more specifically, how she would allow me to eat the dough. This morning, that was how it went at my house. I think about half of the dough ended up in the tummies and half ended up as cookies. I know it's not a good thing for them to have, but I hope when they grow up they remember that their mom let them eat cookie dough. I hope they remember these memories and treasure them as much as I do.

And I hope they learn to appreciate the cookie as much as the dough.

2 comments:

Stange Family said...

i have really fond memories of that, too. The first time I tried to "recreate" that in my house, Hannah and Jay were way too young and it was disasterous, and I was disappointed. Now that they are a bit older, we enjoy cookie-baking time. :)
Bekah and Joey look completely adorable, and Joey LOOKS like he just ate more cookie dough than he was allowed to. (he looks a tad guilty...haha)

Aunt Karen (Tyler & Katie too) said...

Great pictures of the kids. This reminds me of every year when we make anise cookies and how we all love to snitch the dough. That's the best part of it!