Saturday, July 5, 2008

Blue Puppy

Anyone who spends much time with us knows that we are actually a family of 7: Tim, Mandie, Bekah, Joey, Ryan, Blue Puppy and Purple Puppy.

Tim's Aunt Karen (a frequent commenter on my blog) gave Bekah & Joey stuffed puppies when she came to visit us when they were about a week old. Shortly after, Joey claimed both puppies as his (Bekah has never minded). They have affectionately been named Blue Puppy and Purple Puppy. Here's an early picture of Joey (6 months) with cousin Jay (3 1/2). You can see a sliver of Blue Puppy all shiny and new in the corner.

Here's a sliver of shiny Purple Puppy about a month later:

Well, 3 years later, suffice it to say, Blue Puppy has seen better days. Just last week he suffered an almost life threatening tear. Just this morning I spent a good bit of time performing major surgery - a stuffingectomy and transplant, followed by major rattle repair, ending with a large suture across his belly. He also received a much needed bath. Sure, he's not exactly "good as new", but I'm happy to report he'll be with us for many more years.

I'm amazed at how attached I've become to these little guys. Joey has never wanted any other stuffed animals or toys - just always his puppies. I'm so glad that I'm able to keep in shape - sort of. haha. I worked on them for about 45 minutes. It's all worth it for this reaction:

3 comments:

Aunt Karen (Tyler & Katie too) said...

It makes me so happy to know that those two little puppies are so loved by Joey (and Bekah before Joey claimed them both). I hope they will have fun with them for years to come and hope they will remember me whenever they look at them.

Stange Family said...

ahhhh, blue puppy! I've spent plenty of time searching for the cute little thing. heehee
The picture of Joey is really cute! He has such a charming smile!

John Stange said...

One thing I know for sure. Blue puppy is definitely not in the ceiling fan.