Sunday, September 9, 2007

Field of Dreams

Tim turns 28 on Wednesday, September 12. Today we had a family party for him. We did a "Field of Dreams" theme. Above is the invitation I sent out. I'm such a dork. hehe.

This afternoon a bunch of the guys went and played baseball for a little while, then came back here for dinner. I made baseball park themed foods - nachos (actually taco salad), French fries, pretzels (made from bread stick dough), cotton candy (whipped cream with pineapple tidbits & blue jello mixed in), hot dogs (pigs in a blanket), and lemonade. We also had chocolate covered pretzel "bats" and popcorn, peanuts & cracker jacks for during the movie.

However, I must say that the best part, and Tim's favorite part, was the cake. I made a 2 layer cookie cake with marshmallows in between layers. He told me he wanted a baseball field cake every year :-)

1 comment:

Aunt Karen (Tyler & Katie too) said...

The kids and I had an excellent time at the party...first, playing baseball at Snyder Park and then coming over the house for the party. Loved the food and especially the cake. Tyler would like you to make his birthday cake next year!